After 16 years in his role as Virgin Limited Edition's Managing Director, Jon Brown knows a thing or two about what makes each Virgin Limited Edition property tick! With just a few trips to all of the properties under his belt over the years(!) we caught up with Jon to hear about his top tips for guests to experience during their stay at our overseas destinations around the collection:
- Ulusaba - After persuading one of the rangers to take you fishing at Skwenga Dam, retreat to the Treehouse Lodge that overlooks the dam and kick back with a glass of wine and watch the hippos, the crocs, the fish eagles, and anything else that wanders by, as the afternoon draws to a close.
- Kasbah Tamadot Convince one of our wonderful team to join you for a game of tennis, followed by a walk down to Asni to check out the wonderful work being done by the Eve Branson Foundation or visit the Souk (beware of the open-air dentist!)****
- Necker Island An early morning snorkel off Turtle Beach is always guaranteed to produce a couple of surprises but really the key to making your stay that bit more special (apart from learning to kitesurf by one of the brilliant water sports guys) is to have supper preferably a BBQ on Bali High Beach, around the fire.
- Son Bunyola- After a dip in one of the fabulous pools, take a walk to Banyalbufar, along the coast, and enjoy lunch (paella) at Can Paco or head to Deia for an unforgettable lunch at Cala Deia (where The Night Manager was filmed) and dinner in Sebastians in the village my favourite restaurant in the world!
- The Lodge Verbier is one of the most beautiful spots in summer, and it s a favourite of my family and I. Taking a hike up the mountain is the perfect way to take in the views, and if it's adventure you're after, did you know you could paraglide right over the top of The Lodge, and give a little wave to the family as they enjoy a relaxing break in the outdoor plunge pool!
- Mont Rochelle Make your way down to Country Kitchen and grab a picnic basket full of goodies, escape to the tranquil beauty of the damn and enjoy your afternoon taking in the majestic Klein Dassenberg Mountain Range.****
- Mahali Mzuri After one of the exhilarating game drives, it s great to relax and be pampered at the Nasaro Spa which is at the foot of the escarpment; with the river flowing just a couple of hundred yards away, you never know what you might see!
- Necker Belle The thrill of Necker Belle is pretty much as good as it gets, but I did persuade our skipper once to let me drive, which, if you ve never done it before, is certainly an amazing experience.