Directions by car from Cape Town to Mont Rochelle
GPS coordinates (when using Google Maps): Lat 33.918258 Long 19.108861
Please note: our friend Mr Google Maps shows the incorrect location of the hotel if you type in Mont Rochelle Hotel – to find us you must type in Mont Rochelle Mountain Vineyards – otherwise you’ll end up on the other side of Franschhoek half way up the mountain!
Total travelling time should be just shy of 1 hour at an easy pace.
From the airport
• Follow the exit signs at the airport to the N2 highway traveling away from central Cape Town towards Somerset West
• After 3.2km take the exit marked R300 on your left which will connect you to the N1 highway towards Paarl/Worcester
• Take exit 47, which is sign posted for Klapmuts/Stellenbosch/Wellington and follow the directions below
Leaving Cape Town
• Once you leave the city look for the N1 highway and then head west from Cape Town towards Paarl/Worcester. Once you have joined the N1 follow it for roughly 40km
• Take exit 47, which is sign posted for Klapmuts/Stellenbosch/Wellington
• Turn right onto the R44 in the direction of Stellenbosch. Butterfly World will be on your left.
• Pass through a traffic light and then you’ll cross a bridge over the railway. After 300m turn left onto the R45 which is signposted for Franschhoek – follow this road for almost 9km passing wine estates Glen Carlou, Rupert & Rothschild and later Vrede & Lust
• This road comes to a natural end at a T-junction just after you’ve crossed a disused railway. Turn right onto the R45 signposted to Franschhoek (two strands of the same road merge here)
• You will now drive towards Franschhoek – roughly 18km – through an area called Simondium, passing L’Ormarins and later La Motte wine estates
• As you reach the centre of Franschhoek Village, turn right into Bordeaux Street (you’ll first pass Kruger and De Larey Streets on the right) and follow that road – from this point Mont Rochelle is signposted
• At the bottom of Bordeaux Street carry on straight as the road veers to the left – this is a short section of Cabriere Street, and then turn right onto Daniel Hugo Street. Keep following the signs to Mont Rochelle Hotel & Vineyard – you’ve got just over a kilometre to go!
• You’ve now arrived at Mont Rochelle!
If you have any difficulties please give the hotel a call and we’ll do our best to help. The number is +27 21 876 2770.