British Virgin Islands
The Country Kitchen
Things to do
Mont Rochelle is 45 minutes’ drive from Cape Town in South Africa and is within 35 minutes’ drive of the Stellenbosch, Paarl and Somerset West wine routes. We can arrange transfers either from the city or from Cape Town International Airport, or if you are coming by car it’s an easy drive to the property. Cape Town International Airport serves destinations throughout South Africa and has direct connections to some of the key European and Middle East hubs, with flight times ranging from 10 to 12 hours. Flights from the US east coast take roughly 22 hours transiting via Johannesburg.
GPS coordinates (when using Google Maps): Lat 33.918258 Long 19.108861
Please note: our friend Mr Google Maps shows the incorrect location of the hotel if you type in Mont Rochelle Hotel – to find us you must type in Mont Rochelle Mountain Vineyards – otherwise you’ll end up on the other side of Franschhoek half way up the mountain!
Total travelling time should be just shy of 1 hour at an easy pace.
From the airport
• Follow the exit signs at the airport to the N2 highway traveling away from central Cape Town towards Somerset West
• After 3.2km take the exit marked R300 on your left which will connect you to the N1 highway towards Paarl/Worcester
• Take exit 47, which is sign posted for Klapmuts/Stellenbosch/Wellington and follow the directions below
Leaving Cape Town
• Once you leave the city look for the N1 highway and then head west from Cape Town towards Paarl/Worcester. Once you have joined the N1 follow it for roughly 40km
• Take exit 47, which is sign posted for Klapmuts/Stellenbosch/Wellington
• Turn right onto the R44 in the direction of Stellenbosch. Butterfly World will be on your left.
• Pass through a traffic light and then you’ll cross a bridge over the railway. After 300m turn left onto the R45 which is signposted for Franschhoek – follow this road for almost 9km passing wine estates Glen Carlou, Rupert & Rothschild and later Vrede & Lust
• This road comes to a natural end at a T-junction just after you’ve crossed a disused railway. Turn right onto the R45 signposted to Franschhoek (two strands of the same road merge here)
• You will now drive towards Franschhoek – roughly 18km – through an area called Simondium, passing L’Ormarins and later La Motte wine estates
• As you reach the centre of Franschhoek Village, turn right into Bordeaux Street (you’ll first pass Kruger and De Larey Streets on the right) and follow that road – from this point Mont Rochelle is signposted
• At the bottom of Bordeaux Street carry on straight as the road veers to the left – this is a short section of Cabriere Street, and then turn right onto Daniel Hugo Street. Keep following the signs to Mont Rochelle Hotel & Vineyard – you’ve got just over a kilometre to go!
• You’ve now arrived at Mont Rochelle!
If you have any difficulties please give the hotel a call and we’ll do our best to help. The number is +27 (0)21 876 2770.
Dassenberg Road, Franschhoek, 7690, South Africa