British Virgin Islands
Trade & Press Hub
Weddings & Events
Our people work hard but never forget to have fun while they are doing it! We believe in treating our people with respect, looking after them and allowing them the freedom to be themselves and flourish.
You’re in luck! We’re currently recruiting for a number of positions.
Remember to read the job description carefully before sending your CV to email@example.com unless otherwise specified.
Executive Head Chef - Mont Rochelle
Mont Rochelle, located in Franschhoek in the Western Cape in South Africa, is a stunning 22-bedroom hotel and vineyard. Mont Rochelle boasts a unique hilltop setting and private vineyard encompassing 39 hectares. The hotel includes 6 spacious suites amongst its rooms, two restaurants, Miko and Country Kitchen, bar, spa, gym and an outdoor swimming pool. Not forgetting the wine cellar of course, just a stone’s throw away from our four-bedroomed Manor House…the most recent addition to the property!
Things to do on the estate include a personalised wine tasting at the wine cellar, vineyard tours, picnics alongside the dam (the restaurant will provide the hamper), a dip in the outdoor swimming pool, a workout in the gym, a game of tennis, a range of spa treatments and some top golf courses situated in the area.
We're looking for an Executive Head Chef to join our team at Mont Rochelle Hotel and Vineyard.
Please note that this position is open to South African Nationals or candidates that are legally eligible to work full time in South Africa.
For more information, please visit: www.virginlimitededition.com/en/mont-rochelle
Here’s what you’d do:
Package and benefits:
People Coordinator - London
Virgin Limited Edition is an award-winning collection of unique retreats, chosen for their beautiful locations and magnificent surroundings, each offering a sense of fun, style, luxury and exceptional personal service.
The group includes Necker Island and Moskito Island in the Caribbean’s British Virgin Islands, Kasbah Tamadot in Morocco, The Lodge in Verbier, Switzerland, Mahali Mzuri, a tented safari camp in Kenya, Son Bunyola in Mallorca, Spain, Ulusaba Private Game Reserve and Mont Rochelle Hotel and Vineyard in South Africa. This role is based in Hammersmith, London where all our central teams are located.
As People Coordinator you will provide generalist HR support to the group HR function across the full range of HR activities and projects. This position coordinates all aspects of VLE’s Human Resource activities, supporting a broad range of disciplines including: Recruitment, Payroll and Benefits administration, Absence Management, Training administration, Company Policy, HR System Administration and acting as a team member liaison to People team Management.
The position reports directly to the Metro People Manager and works closely with the Group People and Development Director to support company standards and best people practice across the portfolio and for the continued expansion of the business through management contracts and new properties.
To be considered for this role, you must have the right to work in the UK.
Here’s what you’d do:
Working with People team management to ensure that the VLE’s People standards are in place. To support the Metro People Manager and property management in providing a full HR service throughout the employee lifecycle and to ensure that team member engagement is achieved.
Assisting in recruitment activities and ensuring that consistent standards of recruitment are met across the group. Support in sourcing candidates, on boarding and the delivery of company induction in the Group Training manager’s absence. Ensuring that all aspects of people administration are up to date and run effectively; including computerised personnel files. Collation of our annual employee engagement survey and subsequent data analysis and reporting. Other standards to be met include the Performance & Development Review process, communication standards including the Staff Consultative Committee, and the benefits programme.
The role will work closely with the UK based Metro People Manager. The role is also very hands on and typical activities would include day to day HR administration, scheduling of recruitment interviews, team member engagement activities, coordination of HR analytics and reporting, on boarding and inductions, payroll and benefits administration, Training administration and performance administration support. Alongside day to day general office duties. The diverse nature of the VLE portfolio requires that the successful candidate has the ability to be flexible, innovative and highly adaptable in carrying out the role.
Package & Benefits:
Group Properties Co-Ordinator - London
Virgin Limited Edition is an award-winning collection of unique retreats, chosen for their beautiful locations and magnificent surroundings; each offers a sense of fun, style, luxury and exceptional personal service.
The group includes Necker Island and Moskito Island in the Caribbean’s British Virgin Islands; Kasbah Tamadot in Morocco; The Lodge in Verbier, Switzerland; Mahali Mzuri, a tented safari camp in Kenya; Son Bunyola in Mallorca, Spain; Ulusaba Private Game Reserve and Mont Rochelle Hotel and Mountain Vineyard in South Africa. This role is based in Hammersmith, London where our central teams are located.
The role will report into the Group Properties Manager and will work closely with the Operations and Health and Safety teams.
The role will work with the property-based maintenance, H&S and operations teams. This role is to support the properties in; contract management, asset management, H&S management, cost tracking of P&L and CAPEX including any reporting of exceptional expenditure. To manage all properties Capex requests ensuring forecasting and budgets are correct. Supporting the properties in the management of Engineering H&S planned preventative maintenance programs. Managing all properties assets matrix and forecasting when replacements are needed.
The diverse nature of the VLE portfolio requires that the successful candidate has the ability to be flexible, innovative and highly adaptable in carrying out the role.
Here’s what you’d do:
Senior IT Operations Manager - London
The role supports the IT Director in the management & delivery of the IT service across the VLE Group. The role has direct line management responsibility for the VLE IT Services Manager(s) & IT support staff based in the UK office.
A key aspect of the role is around the management of our numerous 3rd party technology service providers. One of the main objectives is to ensure processes, procedures and standards are aligned and maintained across these external service providers.
Another very important part of the role is to ensure that our end users are aware of and utilising the agreed procedures for raising tickets and requests and understand the various service level agreements we have in place and how to go about checking the progress of their tickets and raising escalations where necessary.
This is a hands-on role that will from time to time involve the direct support of end users, and will be an escalation point for any serious incidents and issues. VLE is a 24x7 operation and as such some out of hours work will be expected.
The role will also entail scoping and delivering a number of projects related to service and technology alignment and improvement.
Here’s what you’d do:
Supporting and assisting the IT Director, specifically:
3rd party service provider management
• Review incidents and service requests raised on our 3rd party service providers by staff from across the Group and ensure they are being appropriately prioritised and handled
• Ensure IT procedures (e.g. joiner/mover/leaver) are harmonised, documented, published, understood and followed by internal staff and our IT service providers
• Hold regular service review meetings with our service providers and ensure they are meeting their contractual commitments and SLA’s
• Ensure VLE IT has a continual service improvement plan (CSIP) in place and that this is aligned with the CSIPs for our various service providers
• Provide regular IT service reporting to internal stakeholders (Exec and Property Management teams)
• Assist with supplier selection and on boarding
End user support
• Engage with users & stakeholders from across the business to ensure their IT needs are understood and being met
• Review, streamline and harmonise all IT procedures around staff on boarding, staff moving riles/properties and staff leaving
• Continually review IT tools and technologies (hardware, software, applications) to ensure they are fit for purpose
• Assist with end user support issues, taking a balanced approach between getting directly involved or escalating to 3rd party support
• Manage a small team of VLE IT Managers and support personnel
• Ensure SMART objectives are set and that the team members are delivering against these
• Hold regular 1-1’s and performance reviews with team members, taking action when needed to address any performance concerns
• Build & develop the team to ensure they have the skills and capabilities to deliver the VLE IT service across the Group
• Scope, plan and manage small IT projects ensuring business buy in and commitment
• Scope, commission and oversee projects from 3rd party service providers
• Be the IT representative/lead on others projects from across the Group
• Track project spend against budget and report project progress to the Management & Executive Teams
• Ensure Conference/Meeting Room IT/AV is functional, tidy and documented
• Assist the IT Director and other members of the IT Team with ensuring that Guest facing IT & AV services are of the highest standard
• Be an escalation point for IT issues and incidents
• Assist the IT Director with the preparation of business cases, budgets and forecasts for IT spend across the Group
• Deputise for the IT Director as required
Marine Department Manager - Necker Island & Moskito Island
Moskito Island is a 125 acre private island, in the beautiful British Virgin Islands, unquestionably the most idyllic community of homeowners in the Caribbean. Surrounded by turquoise waters, coral reefs and fringed by white sandy beaches, the new development has completed the Recreation Grounds including the water sports centre, the tennis pavilion, a luxury beach house and 3 pavilion dining area. In addition, the Branson Estate complete with 3 villa’s and 11 bedrooms. The first phase of the project is now completed, installation and construction of the roads, infrastructure, recreational facilities, and back of house areas including water plant, generator building, laundry and workshop facilities. Guests on Moskito are also our homeowners; we want to go above and beyond with service and style for the community of people that inhabit this island.
Necker Island is Sir Richard Branson's private island and home in the British Virgin Islands, and is unquestionably the most idyllic place in the Caribbean. Necker Island is 74 acres, fringed with white sandy beaches and surrounded by turquoise waters and coral reefs. Necker Island is normally hired exclusively for up to 34 guests, with the option to accommodate more, on an all-inclusive basis, perfect for special occasions and events! It can also be shared with others ‘house-party’ style during Celebration Weeks which are held several times each year, when guests can book individual rooms. Accommodation comes in the form of ten rooms in the Great House, six individual Balinese style cottages and Temple House. The property can also be rented for large events and weddings of over 200 people and has a wonderful array of rare wildlife which we are helping to flourish!
The style of both Moskito and Necker is “barefoot luxury”, brilliant delivery without the gold buttoned white jackets – think Richard and you’ll get it!
Reporting to the BVI General Manager, the Marine Manager is responsible for the overall management of the service, guest experience and team of the Marine Department.
Here’s what you’d do:
The Marine Manager is responsible and accountable for the delivery of all marine and watersports activities to guests, guest and staff transfers and transportation, the repair and upkeep of the property boat fleet and equipment to the highest service standards, marine regulations and health and safety standards.
Just send our People Team your CV and a cover letter outlining your experience to BVI-Recruitment@virginlimitededition.com
Financial Controller - Necker Island
Necker Island, Sir Richard Branson’s private island and home, is located in the Caribbean in the beautiful and unspoiled British Virgin Islands. Surrounded by turquoise waters, coral reefs and fringed by white sandy beaches; this is barefoot luxury in a setting that’s just about as exclusive as it gets!
The island is normally hired exclusively on an all-inclusive basis. It can also be shared with others during Celebration Weeks; these are held several times each year and allow guests to book individual rooms as opposed to hiring the entire island. Guests are encouraged to view the island as their home. The island provides extensive water sports activities as well as tennis courts with resident coach, gym and spa.
At the heart of the island is the Great House, a spacious al fresco style Balinese villa that boasts panoramic views of the Caribbean, the Atlantic and neighbouring islands. There’s nowhere better for socialising and the house hosts everything from intimate family dinners to unforgettable parties.
Just a short boat ride from Necker Island is Moskito Island, a private Island made up of nine exclusive three-acre lots. The Branson Estate on Moskito Island features three villas: Headland House, Mangrove Villa and Beach Villa. Headland House is solely residential and not available for rental however Mangrove Villa and Beach Villa may be booked as additional accommodation alongside Necker Island for Virgin Limited Edition guests.
The island has facilities and communal areas – a welcome area, tennis courts and a gym, a clubhouse with food and beverage service areas, pool as well as extensive communal grounds and gardens.
Reporting to the General Manager and the Regional BVI Finance Director, the Financial Controller is responsible for all financial elements of the business including income, cost management and reporting.
Package & Benefits
People Manager - Moskito Island
Necker Island, Sir Richard Branson’s private island and home, is located in the Caribbean in the beautiful and unspoiled British Virgin Islands. Surrounded by turquoise waters, coral reefs and fringed by white sandy beaches; this is barefoot luxury in a setting that’s just about as exclusive as it gets! Just a short boat ride from Necker Island is Moskito Island, a private Island made up of nine exclusive three-acre lots. The island has facilities and communal areas – a welcome area, tennis courts and a gym, a clubhouse with food and beverage service areas, pool as well as extensive communal grounds and gardens.
This role reports into the BVI People Development Director.
• Generalist Human Resources managerial role experience in luxury 5 star hospitality industry.
• Experience in leading and managing a team of HR specialists and Administrators.
• Pre-opening set up and opening HR experience and knowledge in luxury 5 star resort/hotel or villa estate hospitality industry in a leadership role Island environment or remote location work experience required.
• Recognised qualification in HR to degree level or professional certification from a recognised body e.g. CIPD, SHRM.
• Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written.
• Experience and competence in designing, customising and implementing HR policies, standards and processes.
• Experience and competence in leading, designing and carrying out a recruitment strategy and supporting activities e.g. recruitment marketing, interviewing and selection.
• Experience and competence in leading, designing and carrying out learning & development strategy and supporting activities e.g. onboarding, induction, succession planning, on-the-job coaching, facilitating training.
• Good understanding of HR strategy, employer brand and employee experience.
• Understanding of HR operational budget ideal.
• High level of computer skills including Microsoft packages and payroll / HR admin systems.
• Worked with and understands statutory and legislative requirements of employment and employee relations good practise.
• A good understanding of BVI Labour and Immigration Laws and general Employment Legislation an advantage.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (team, management, professionals and government officials)
• Approachable and a good listener, willing to have an ‘open door’ policy whenever possible
• Strong planning and execution skills; able to prioritise, organise and take a structured approach
• Resourceful and adaptable/ able to respond effectively and quickly to changing situations
• Highly confidential with strong integrity to build trust and respect–
• Hands on leadership style with energy, and passion – that fits the Virgin ethos.
• Sense of fun
• Creative problem solver
• Sound judgment and decision making skills
• Assertive and confident people connector
• Ability to influence and persuade
• Sensitive to cultural requirements and willing and able to adapt own behaviour and thinking
• An understanding of H & S management ideal
Here’s what you’d do:
Work closely with the BVI People Team and management team to deliver the company people management good practice and VLE employee experience to enhance the employer brand. Manage the implementation of staffing for pre-opening/opening phase by:
• Overseeing the hiring schedule and recruitment strategy in line with the opening critical path, People plan and Island operations requirements.
• Managing the selection and recruitment process for all team members including sourcing candidates (permanent and temporary), interview process and permit applications (where applicable) and ensuring consistent standards of recruitment.
• Ensuring positive working environment and supporting employee engagement and development through various initiatives.
• Maintaining effective communication with the Island teams through all platforms including Staff Consultative Committee, briefings, open house meetings, newsletter and other.
• Advising and coaching HoDs on people management best practices and ensuring processes are carried out in line with company and employment guidelines/ laws.
• Managing new and existing employee data within HR-related systems and ensure that all aspects of people administration are up to date and run effectively including personal files – HR Select system.
• Working with the Finance Team and HoD’s to ensure that payroll is effectively managed.
• In conjunction with the BVI Training Manager and the BVI People Development Director, define and develop learning and development strategy and timeline with focus on the delivery of key training activities required to meet and maintain the performance and VLE standards in view of opening.
• Monitoring of activities in line with the People Plan including Performance & Development Reviews and individual development plans.
• Working with the BVI People Team to facilitate team members accommodation and employee wellness needs.
Package & Benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Performance based bonus scheme, up to 15% of annual salary
• Working 5 days a week. Hours as required
• 20 days paid holiday per year plus public holidays
• Subsistence & accommodation allowance, and flights or relocation costs
• Medical Cover
• Contributory pension
• Life Insurance
• …and the world’s best commute to work!
Our properties are located all over the globe and our recruiting policy is to recruit as locally as possible and give back to our communities by offering training and employment. Additionally, most countries we operate in have work permit restrictions which mean that permits can only be obtained when there is no suitable local candidate for the role.
Once you've sent your covering letter and CV successfully, you'll receive an email confirmation. Whilst for some of you the journey will stop here, if you’ve caught our attention our team will contact you regarding the next steps.
Send us your CV