The Lodge is Sir Richard Branson’s stunning nine-bedroom chalet in Verbier, Switzerland, one of the Alp’s most exclusive resorts and Europe’s hottest ski spots. Situated on a quiet road just 250m from the main ski lifts and backing onto one of the returning pistes, The Lodge is in a perfect location for the slopes in both summer and winter.
The Lodge itself provides a unique and fun setting: guests can swim in the indoor pool, be pampered in the Spa, or just relax after a day on the mountain whilst enjoying a wide selection of tailored menus and fine wines.
We are a team of 16 people and between our amazing team we provide a level of service to ensure the guests have everything from a mountain ski holiday that they could ever wish for. The size of the team means that it is imperative that everyone plays their part in making things work without being protective about their own role or overly sensitive to who is doing what. The guests don’t know, or even need to know, who does what so if you are there and someone asks – you do it. It’s hard work but the payback is great and it’s fantastic to be a part of a team where everyone has the same “can do” attitude.
The Lodge operates primarily as an exclusive use chalet during the winter months where guests can rent the whole chalet for their group. We do have an occasional ‘hotel style’ week where the guests can rent the rooms individually as well, however the dining is still communal. During the summer months we run predominantly ‘hotel style’ where guests rent the rooms individually, but all dine together. Our offering is slightly different during the summer, in that we leave guests to their own devices a bit more during the daytime and late evening hours, while still offering a great service. We take special requests into account for all guests, particularly for exclusive use groups, and work on coordinating menus, wines and requests before their stay. The guests are encouraged to make The Lodge their own and are welcome to visit the chefs in the kitchen and help themselves to drinks if they like (although we are always on hand to do that too).
For more information visit The Lodge or view the group at www.virginlimitededition.com
What we're looking for...
Behaviours and Skills
- Socially confident and able to easily communicate with guests and with the team professionally whilst bringing your personality to the table as well
- Resourceful approach – able to troubleshoot in the event of a sudden change of plans
- Hands on approach and happy to turn your hand to any task
- An understanding of how two balance fun and professionalism while at work
- The ability to work 5 mixed shifts per week being flexible with working hours and shifts where required during busy periods
- A ‘can do’ and proactive attitude
- Punctual with good time management skills
- A sense of fun and an understanding of the Virgin way of doing things. We call it the ‘fun factor’ here at The Lodge
- Working as part of the kitchen team to produce fantastic food of a consistently high quality
- Adhering to all health and safety measures within the kitchen and ensuring that they are maintained throughout the year
- Interacting with the guests, both in the open kitchen and front of house
- Playing a part in maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and BBQ area at all times and adhering to cleaning schedules.
- Checking in all deliveries each morning and confirming all produce is up to standard, if not then immediately reporting to your superior on duty
- Developing interesting and varied breakfast and lunch menus alongside the head, sous and junior sous chefs taking into consideration the use of local and seasonal produce
- Ensuring there is minimal wastage of food wherever possible
- Working with the team to produce the following meals to a high standard:
- Full continental breakfast buffet with hot al a carte menu options
- Varied cold lunch options including picnics off premises
- Afternoon tea with a selection of homemade cakes and cookies
- Dinner – canapés followed by a four-course set menu (including cheese), (please note that we tend to almost always have a few variations of the menu each night due to dietary restrictions)
- Carrying out any other tasks set out by the Head Chef, Sous Chef, and Junior Sous Chef
What's the Gig?
As the Chef de Partie here at The Lodge you will play an integral part in the daily running of the Lodge and ensuring that each and every guest has the best Alpine holiday ever. This is a 100% seasonal summer position working 5 mixed shifts per week with a focus on hot breakfast service and lunch / dinner preparation. This is a seasonal position, and you are expected to be available for the entire season. You will be required to work an average of 50 hours per week with time back during quieter periods.
Here’s the deal
Packages and Benefits
- 100% contract running from 1 June to 22 September 2023 (with opportunity to extend for further seasons)
- Competitive monthly salary
- Equal share of Lodge gratuities
- Chef whites provided
If you have any questions or would like to apply for this role please send us your CV on email@example.com
For information on how Virgin Limited Edition uses your data, please visit: Employment Candidate Privacy Notice