British Virgin Islands
Trade & Press Hub
Weddings & Events
Our people work hard but never forget to have fun while they are doing it! We believe in treating our people with respect, looking after them and allowing them the freedom to be themselves and flourish.
You’re in luck! We’re currently recruiting for a number of positions.
Remember to read the job description carefully before sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org unless otherwise specified.
Project Manager - Moskito Island
Sir Richard Branson is lucky enough to have two private island and call both of them home in the British Virgin Islands. Both are idyllic and located only two miles apart. Necker Island is 74 acres, Moskito is 150 acres and both are fringed with white sandy beaches and surrounded by turquoise waters and coral reefs. Necker Island is normally hired exclusively for up to 30 guests, with the option to accommodate more, on an all-inclusive basis, perfect for special occasions and events! It can also be shared with others ‘house-party’ style during Celebration Weeks which are held several times each year, when guests can book individual rooms.
Moskito Island has Richards home and a communal recreation area. The rest of the island has been sold to ten other private home owners in what is going to become an incredible Caribbean community.
The style of Necker and Moskito is “barefoot luxury”, brilliant delivery without the gold buttoned white jackets – think Richard and you’ll get it!
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager you will be responsible for Project managing a broad range of projects on Moskito Island, from minor property improvements and maintenance to new build construction projects.
Managing external contractors working on projects and managing budgets for projects and providing reporting/status updates to team and stakeholders with support supporting the Islands overall plan for reinstatement of the infrastructures, facilities and grounds areas.
Here’s what you’d do:
Package & Benefits:
Just send our People Team your CV and a cover letter outlining your experience to BVI-Recruitment@virginlimitededition.com
General Manager - Necker Island
Necker Island, Sir Richard Branson’s private island and home, is located in the Caribbean in the beautiful and unspoiled British Virgin Islands. Surrounded by turquoise waters, coral reefs and fringed by white sandy beaches; this is barefoot luxury in a setting that’s just about as exclusive as it gets!
The island is normally hired exclusively on an all-inclusive basis. It can also be shared with others during Celebration Weeks; these are held several times each year and allow guests to book individual rooms as opposed to hiring the entire island. Guests are encouraged to view the island as their home. The island provides extensive water sports activities as well as tennis courts with resident coach, gym and spa.
At the heart of the island is the Great House, a spacious al fresco style Balinese villa that boasts panoramic views of the Caribbean, the Atlantic and neighbouring islands. There’s nowhere better for socialising and the house hosts everything from intimate family dinners to unforgettable parties.
Just a short boat ride from Necker Island is Moskito Island, a private Island made up of nine exclusive three-acre lots. The Branson Estate on Moskito Island features three villas: Headland House, Mangrove Villa and Beach Villa. Headland House is solely residential and not available for rental however Mangrove Villa and Beach Villa may be booked as additional accommodation alongside Necker Island for Virgin Limited Edition guests.
The island has facilities and communal areas – a welcome area, tennis courts and a gym, a clubhouse with food and beverage service areas, pool as well as extensive communal grounds and gardens.
Reporting to the BVI Regional General Manager, the ideal candidate will be a qualified and competent General Manager with strong leadership skills, including hands-on experience of successfully managing diverse, multi-functional teams with the confidence and flair to deliver an exceptional personal luxury experience; the gravitas to build relationships with homeowners, project / construction development, direct reports and operations teams/colleagues on both Islands; the willingness and ability to motivate, influence and communicate with team to deliver on targets and goals.
Package & Benefits
Group Properties Co-Ordinator - London
Virgin Limited Edition is an award-winning collection of unique retreats, chosen for their beautiful locations and magnificent surroundings; each offers a sense of fun, style, luxury and exceptional personal service.
The group includes Necker Island and Moskito Island in the Caribbean’s British Virgin Islands; Kasbah Tamadot in Morocco; The Lodge in Verbier, Switzerland; Mahali Mzuri, a tented safari camp in Kenya; Son Bunyola in Mallorca, Spain; Ulusaba Private Game Reserve and Mont Rochelle Hotel and Mountain Vineyard in South Africa. This role is based in Hammersmith, London where our central teams are located.
The role will report into the Group Properties Manager and will work closely with the Operations and Health and Safety teams.
The role will work with the property-based maintenance, H&S and operations teams. This role is to support the properties in; contract management, asset management, H&S management, cost tracking of P&L and CAPEX including any reporting of exceptional expenditure. To manage all properties Capex requests ensuring forecasting and budgets are correct. Supporting the properties in the management of Engineering H&S planned preventative maintenance programs. Managing all properties assets matrix and forecasting when replacements are needed.
The diverse nature of the VLE portfolio requires that the successful candidate has the ability to be flexible, innovative and highly adaptable in carrying out the role.
To be considered for this role, you must have the right to work in the UK.
Here’s what you’d do:
Marine Department Manager - Necker Island & Moskito Island
Moskito Island is a 125 acre private island, in the beautiful British Virgin Islands, unquestionably the most idyllic community of homeowners in the Caribbean. Surrounded by turquoise waters, coral reefs and fringed by white sandy beaches, the new development has completed the Recreation Grounds including the water sports centre, the tennis pavilion, a luxury beach house and 3 pavilion dining area. In addition, the Branson Estate complete with 3 villa’s and 11 bedrooms. The first phase of the project is now completed, installation and construction of the roads, infrastructure, recreational facilities, and back of house areas including water plant, generator building, laundry and workshop facilities. Guests on Moskito are also our homeowners; we want to go above and beyond with service and style for the community of people that inhabit this island.
Necker Island is Sir Richard Branson's private island and home in the British Virgin Islands, and is unquestionably the most idyllic place in the Caribbean. Necker Island is 74 acres, fringed with white sandy beaches and surrounded by turquoise waters and coral reefs. Necker Island is normally hired exclusively for up to 34 guests, with the option to accommodate more, on an all-inclusive basis, perfect for special occasions and events! It can also be shared with others ‘house-party’ style during Celebration Weeks which are held several times each year, when guests can book individual rooms. Accommodation comes in the form of ten rooms in the Great House, six individual Balinese style cottages and Temple House. The property can also be rented for large events and weddings of over 200 people and has a wonderful array of rare wildlife which we are helping to flourish!
The style of both Moskito and Necker is “barefoot luxury”, brilliant delivery without the gold buttoned white jackets – think Richard and you’ll get it!
Reporting to the BVI General Manager, the Marine Manager is responsible for the overall management of the service, guest experience and team of the Marine Department.
Here’s what you’d do:
The Marine Manager is responsible and accountable for the delivery of all marine and watersports activities to guests, guest and staff transfers and transportation, the repair and upkeep of the property boat fleet and equipment to the highest service standards, marine regulations and health and safety standards.
Health & Safety & Loss Prevention Officer - Necker Island & Moskito Island
Reporting to the Property Director, the Health & Safety & Loss Prevention Officer is responsible for ensuring that the Virgin entities working in the BVI adhere to the levels of H&S required from a group perspective. Develop and maintain a pro-active loss prevention and risk mitigation program to ensure a safe and secure environment for all the Virgin entities working in the BVI. Ensure protection of all Virgin entities assets to include life, property, environment and natural resources.
Here’s what you’d do:
Responsibilities include overseeing Safety, Security and Loss Prevention of all Virgin entities assets to include life, property, environment and natural resources.
Financial Controller - Necker Island
Reporting to the General Manager and the Regional BVI Finance Director, the Financial Controller is responsible for all financial elements of the business including income, cost management and reporting.
People Manager - Moskito Island
Necker Island, Sir Richard Branson’s private island and home, is located in the Caribbean in the beautiful and unspoiled British Virgin Islands. Surrounded by turquoise waters, coral reefs and fringed by white sandy beaches; this is barefoot luxury in a setting that’s just about as exclusive as it gets! Just a short boat ride from Necker Island is Moskito Island, a private Island made up of nine exclusive three-acre lots. The island has facilities and communal areas – a welcome area, tennis courts and a gym, a clubhouse with food and beverage service areas, pool as well as extensive communal grounds and gardens.
This role reports into the BVI People Development Director.
• Generalist Human Resources managerial role experience in luxury 5 star hospitality industry.
• Experience in leading and managing a team of HR specialists and Administrators.
• Pre-opening set up and opening HR experience and knowledge in luxury 5 star resort/hotel or villa estate hospitality industry in a leadership role Island environment or remote location work experience required.
• Recognised qualification in HR to degree level or professional certification from a recognised body e.g. CIPD, SHRM.
• Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written.
• Experience and competence in designing, customising and implementing HR policies, standards and processes.
• Experience and competence in leading, designing and carrying out a recruitment strategy and supporting activities e.g. recruitment marketing, interviewing and selection.
• Experience and competence in leading, designing and carrying out learning & development strategy and supporting activities e.g. onboarding, induction, succession planning, on-the-job coaching, facilitating training.
• Good understanding of HR strategy, employer brand and employee experience.
• Understanding of HR operational budget ideal.
• High level of computer skills including Microsoft packages and payroll / HR admin systems.
• Worked with and understands statutory and legislative requirements of employment and employee relations good practise.
• A good understanding of BVI Labour and Immigration Laws and general Employment Legislation an advantage.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (team, management, professionals and government officials)
• Approachable and a good listener, willing to have an ‘open door’ policy whenever possible
• Strong planning and execution skills; able to prioritise, organise and take a structured approach
• Resourceful and adaptable/ able to respond effectively and quickly to changing situations
• Highly confidential with strong integrity to build trust and respect–
• Hands on leadership style with energy, and passion – that fits the Virgin ethos.
• Sense of fun
• Creative problem solver
• Sound judgment and decision making skills
• Assertive and confident people connector
• Ability to influence and persuade
• Sensitive to cultural requirements and willing and able to adapt own behaviour and thinking
• An understanding of H & S management ideal
Here’s what you’d do:
Work closely with the BVI People Team and management team to deliver the company people management good practice and VLE employee experience to enhance the employer brand. Manage the implementation of staffing for pre-opening/opening phase by:
• Overseeing the hiring schedule and recruitment strategy in line with the opening critical path, People plan and Island operations requirements.
• Managing the selection and recruitment process for all team members including sourcing candidates (permanent and temporary), interview process and permit applications (where applicable) and ensuring consistent standards of recruitment.
• Ensuring positive working environment and supporting employee engagement and development through various initiatives.
• Maintaining effective communication with the Island teams through all platforms including Staff Consultative Committee, briefings, open house meetings, newsletter and other.
• Advising and coaching HoDs on people management best practices and ensuring processes are carried out in line with company and employment guidelines/ laws.
• Managing new and existing employee data within HR-related systems and ensure that all aspects of people administration are up to date and run effectively including personal files – HR Select system.
• Working with the Finance Team and HoD’s to ensure that payroll is effectively managed.
• In conjunction with the BVI Training Manager and the BVI People Development Director, define and develop learning and development strategy and timeline with focus on the delivery of key training activities required to meet and maintain the performance and VLE standards in view of opening.
• Monitoring of activities in line with the People Plan including Performance & Development Reviews and individual development plans.
• Working with the BVI People Team to facilitate team members accommodation and employee wellness needs.
Package & Benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Performance based bonus scheme, up to 15% of annual salary
• Working 5 days a week. Hours as required
• 20 days paid holiday per year plus public holidays
• Subsistence & accommodation allowance, and flights or relocation costs
• Medical Cover
• Contributory pension
• Life Insurance
• …and the world’s best commute to work!
Our properties are located all over the globe and our recruiting policy is to recruit as locally as possible and give back to our communities by offering training and employment. Additionally, most countries we operate in have work permit restrictions which mean that permits can only be obtained when there is no suitable local candidate for the role.
Once you've sent your covering letter and CV successfully, you'll receive an email confirmation. Whilst for some of you the journey will stop here, if you’ve caught our attention our team will contact you regarding the next steps.
Send us your CV