The Lodge is Sir Richard Branson’s stunning nine-bedroom chalet in Verbier, Switzerland, one of the Alp’s most exclusive resorts and Europe’s hottest ski spots. Situated on a quiet road just 250m from the main ski lifts and backing onto one of the returning pistes, The Lodge is in a perfect location for the slopes in both summer and winter.
The Lodge itself provides a unique and fun setting: guests can swim in the indoor pool, be pampered in the Spa, or just relax after a day on the mountain whilst enjoying a wide selection of tailored menus and fine wines.
We are a team of 16 people and between our amazing team we provide a level of service to ensure the guests have everything from a mountain ski holiday that they could ever wish for. The size of the team means that it is imperative that everyone plays their part in making things work without being protective about their own role or overly sensitive to who is doing what. The guests don’t know, or even need to know, who does what so if you are there and someone asks – you do it. It’s hard work but the payback is great and it’s fantastic to be a part of a team where everyone has the same “can do” attitude.
The Lodge operates primarily as an exclusive use chalet during the winter months where guests can rent the whole chalet for their group. We do have an occasional ‘hotel style’ week where the guests can rent the rooms individually as well, however the dining is still communal. During the summer months we run predominantly ‘hotel style’ where guests rent the rooms individually but all dine together. Our offering is slightly different during the summer, in that we leave guests to their own devices a bit more during the daytime and late evening hours, while still offering a great service. We take special requests into account for all guests, particularly for exclusive use groups, and work on coordinating menus, wines and requests before their stay. The guests are encouraged to make The Lodge their own and are welcome to visit the chefs in the kitchen and help themselves to drinks if they like (although we are always on hand to do that too).
Reporting to the General Manager and Guest Services Manager, this role as Beauty Therapist is an integral part of our guest services team, and greater team, in providing an excellent service to all our guests.
For more information visit The Lodge or view the group at www.virginlimitededition.com
What we're looking for...
Behaviours and Skills
- Socially confident and able to easily communicate with guests professionally whilst bringing your personality to the table as well
- Resourceful approach – able to troubleshoot in the event of a sudden change of plans
- Hands on approach and happy to turn your hand to any task
- Good eye for detail and attention to special touches for guests in-house
- An understanding of how to balance fun and professionalism while at work
- The ability to work a flexible working week with varying days off
- A ‘can do’ and proactive attitude
- Punctual, well organised with strong time management skills
- A sense of fun and an understanding of the Virgin Limited Edition way of doing things. We call it the ‘fun factor’ here at The Lodge
- The running of The Lodge Spa which includes performing treatments, maintaining the cleanliness of the spa room and surroundings, adhering to all health and safety requirements, and ensuring that stock controls and budgets are adhered to
- You will be required to help the Front of House team maintain the high standards within The Lodge, including rooms and communal areas along with providing a great service to our guests
- Ensuring the quality and standards of External Massage Therapists are the same standard as the Lodge treatments
- Finding suitable freelance therapists to contract in during busy periods
- Preparing the Spa the night before changeover day so that it is spotless and ready for guest arrival
- Pre-arranging guest treatments, pre-booking extra therapists needed, and producing a weekly schedule
- Taking extra bookings on a daily basis and accommodating all treatments where possible
- Overseeing the upkeep of the wellness facilities – (Pool, 2 x Jacuzzis, Steam room, Gym, Shower / changing room, treatment room, with regards to cleanliness, Health & Safety checks and fresh towels)
- Monthly stock takes of all spa products, and toiletries for guest rooms – re-ordering where necessary
- Monthly reporting of statistics and financials to be sent to The Lodge GM by the beginning of each month
- Liaising with suppliers and always assessing the market for the best products and prices
- Commercial awareness of surrounding with regular analysis of competitor rates
- Ensuring that external therapists have correct indemnities and are of a correct standard. Liaison for suitable commission
- Working as a ‘general assistant’ when not in treatments. Duties will include general upkeep and cleaning of The Lodge, hosting breakfasts, lunches and dinners and relevant service prep (ie: polishing cutlery, laying tables, making cocktails etc)
- Completing the turndown service of all rooms after finishing in the Spa each evening. Being responsible for making sure all turndown gifts are ready to go on days off and ensuring standards are kept
- Assisting with in-house laundry rotation and ironing
What's the Gig?
-As a Beauty Therapist here at The Lodge you will play an integral part in the daily running of The Lodge and ensuring that each and every guest has the best Alpine holiday ever. It is a seasonal position and you are expected to be available for the entire summer season commencing at the beginning of June and finishing at the end of September 2023. You will be required to work an average of 45 hours per week which will consist of five 12pm – 9pm shifts with two days off per week.
Here’s the deal
Packages and Benefits
- Approximately a 4-month contract running from 1 June to mid/late September 2023 (with opportunity to extend for further seasons). ** Start date may vary slightly depending on spa training required for the successful individual
- Competitive monthly salary plus the potential to earn up to 10% commission on monthly retail & treatment sales
- Equal share of Lodge gratuities
- Holiday allocation as per Swiss law
- Staff food as a benefit in kind - subject to tax
If you have any questions or would like to apply for this role please send us your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how Virgin Limited Edition uses your data, please visit: Employment Candidate Privacy Notice