Why work for Virgin Limited Edition?
Our people work hard but never forget to have fun while they are doing it! We believe in treating our people with respect, looking after them and allowing them the freedom to be themselves and flourish.
You’re in luck! We’re currently recruiting for a number of positions.
Remember to read the job description carefully before sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org unless otherwise specified.
Group Properties Manager
Virgin Limited Edition is an award-winning collection of unique retreats, chosen for their beautiful locations and magnificent surroundings; each offers a sense of fun, style, luxury and exceptional personal service. The group includes Necker and Moskito Islands in the Caribbean’s British Virgin Islands; Ulusaba Private Game Reserve in South Africa; The Roof Gardens and Babylon Restaurant in London; Kasbah Tamadot in Morocco; The Lodge in Verbier; Necker Belle, a 105 foot luxury catamaran; Mahali Mzuri, a tented safari camp in Kenya; Mont Rochelle Hotel and Mountain Vineyard in South Africa; and new addition Son Bonyola Estate in Mallorca.
This role will essentially support Virgin Limited Edition and the property General Managers in Capex and Maintenance projects, and any monthly maintenance support and advice.
The position is based in Hammersmith, London where the Sales, Marketing, PR, Reservations, Accounts, People and Operations Teams are located. It might not be so exotic as our properties but it’s a lot more accessible and we have been known to have cocktails on the roof terrace!
The role will involve travel to properties and onsite inspections. The role will report into the Group Operations Director.
Here’s what you need in your tool kit:
Quantity Surveying or Project Management Qualification preferred, otherwise other Construction or Trade certificates or qualifications
Knowledge of building requirements and Health and Safety implications
Experience in running the full lifecycle of projects from inception to completion, including but not limited to:
Compiling budgets for Capex and Maintenance projects
• Tendering processes & contracts
• Cost tracking and payment management
• Programme management
• Experience in Planned Preventative Maintenance programmes and the setup thereof
• Hotel properties background an advantage
• Project management overseas an advantage
• Right to work in the UK
Behaviours and Skills
• Good standard of written and spoken English
• High level of attention to detail
• High level of organisational skills
• Able to prioritise and meet deadlines
• Proactive in approach
• Good communication skills
• Highly confidential
• Flexible approach and happy to get involved in ad hoc activities outside their remit
What’s the gig?
Here’s what you’d do
• Daily liaison with properties and assistance on any physical property issues eg ensuring due diligence is carried out, project problem solving, monitoring and tracking budget expenditure
• Assisting onsite teams with compiling and agreeing annual P&L and Capex budgets
• Supporting onsite teams with compiling maintenance budgets
• Overall project management of onsite projects eg selection of consultants and designers, budget compilation and cost tracking; setting up tender processes and advising on selection; preparing, agreeing and reviewing contracts; programme management, progress reporting; conflict resolution; final accounts
• Preparing detailed cost plans and estimates for projects across the property portfolio in order to develop realistic budgets
• Overseeing payments, variations and change requests, and forecasting final costs on projects
• Working with Property Maintenance Managers in setting up and supporting Planned Preventative Maintenance programmes
• Advising properties on labour, material and plant equipment costs
• Advising on project risks – cost, time and quality
• Advising on general procurement, shipping logistics and costs
• Creating procurement schedules for Ops/FF&E Equipment and all fit out requirements
• Managing statutory building requirements (Health and Safety etc)
• Liaising with Metro building managers, CBRE
• Liaising with the Virgin Management Property team on Virgin Limited Edition property matters
• Developing documentation, processes and standards relevant to property management as required
• Support and develop relevant initiatives in line with sustainability goals
Here’s the deal:
Package & Benefits
• Performance based bonus, with criteria, of up to 20% of gross salary
• The official office hours are 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday however you would be required to work as and when necessary to fulfil your role. No overtime is payable.
• 4 weeks annual holidays + Bank Holidays
• Additional day off for birthday
• Tribe Discount Card
• From the first day of your employment with us you will be eligible to join our group personal pension scheme. We will match your pension contributions up to 5%
• Healthcare after 12 months service (The company contributes 50% of the annual fee in the first year and after 2 years service 100% of the fee)
• One of the nicest teams you could ever wish to join!
Please send your CV and cover note to email@example.com
Senior Guest Services Coordinator on Moskito Island
Moskito Island is a 125 acre private island, in the beautiful British Virgin Islands, is unquestionably the most idyllic community of homeowners in the Caribbean. Surrounded by turquoise waters, coral reefs and fringed by white sandy beaches, the new development has completed the Recreation Grounds including the water sports centre, the tennis pavilion, a luxury beach house and 3 pavilion dining area. In addition, the Branson Estate complete with 3 villa’s and 11 bedrooms is now operational.
The 9 exclusive three-acre lots have been sold as freehold. The Homeowners have the option to sub-let their villas (yet to be built) and the island team would manage that process. The first phase of the project is now completed, installation and construction of the roads, infrastructure, recreational facilities, and back of house areas including water plant, generator building, laundry and workshop facilities. The Branson family estate is also completed and is occasionally occupied by the family and increasingly other rental guest. When occupied a temporary front of house team is recruited to take care of all guest needs.
A communal recreational area has been developed for the homeowners which consists of a Clubhouse with pool, pool bar and kitchen area that serves 3 exclusive dining pavilions plus 2 tennis courts, gym and tennis pavilion, a fully furnished water sports facility and welcome and arrival docks and pavilions for the home owners. These communal areas are occasionally be used for functions and gatherings.
We are currently operating for 22 guests with accommodation in the Branson Estate and up to 150+ for special events and parties in the Recreational Area. Not only are we the home base for the 100 ft catamaran, Necker Belle but we are the sister island to Necker Island which is normally hired exclusively on an all-inclusive basis.
The style of Moskito is “barefoot luxury”, brilliant delivery without the gold-buttoned white jackets – think Richard and you’ll get it! Guests are also our homeowners; we want to go above and beyond with service and style for the community of people that inhabit this island.
For more info on the Branson Estate and the group Virgin Limited Edition group look at www.moskitoisland.virgin.com
Here’s what you need in your briefcase:
Qualifications / Experience
• Worked in 4/5 star establishments
• Minimum 3 year experience in hospitality and events
• Operational experience in bars
• Team leadership experience
• Reservations experience
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills
• Medical response, First Aid certification preferred
• Knowledge of commercial AV systems a bonus
• Overseas or Caribbean experience an advantage
• Protel or similar RMS system experience a bonus
Behaviours / Skills
• A passion for making exceptional holidays
• A working Supervisor who is hands-on
• Able to work with and accommodate different cultures
• Excellent guest contact skills/socially confident
• Eloquent written and verbal communication skills
• Plans and organises effectively
• High degree of attention to detail
• Passion and pride in their work
• Able to perform gracefully under pressure
• Sense of fun
• Good training/coaching skills
• Resourceful approach – able to troubleshoot in the event of a change of plan
What’s the gig?
When Moskito is operating the Guest Services team is to be highly visible and you will be required to be very active in dealing with guests on a daily basis while they are on island. The Senior Guest Services Coordinator is expected to work alongside all the front and back of house teams to ensure we are delivering a smooth and polished product to our guests. The Senior Guest Services Coordinator will assist the Branson Estate Manager with the pre planning of the guest stay and will be the operational ears and eyes alongside the Branson Estate Manager on a daily basis.
The Head Guest Services Coordinator role includes supervising:
• Bars and Beverages
• Planning guest stays
• Event Management
• General Admin
• Temporary guest services and wait team
• Activities equipment
Here’s the deal
Package & Benefits
• Minimum 12 month contract (subject to work permit approval)
• Included in tips and gratuities
• 6 day working week
• 24 days paid holiday per year
• Accommodation provided
• Allowance for meals
• Medical Cover
• Initial flights from country of residence (and return at end of contract).
• You get to work for the coolest brand in the world!
ASSISTANT CLUB MANAGER - THE ROOF GARDENS
We're recruiting for an Assistant Club Manager at The Roof Gardens in Kensington, London.
Here’s what you’d do:
● You will work closely with the Club Manager and be the key contact for club related promotions in the venue and be responsible for programming all pre-club and promoted club content, as well as regular in-house club events.
● You will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with regulars, members and key contacts
● You will work with the VIP Manager and hosts on a nightly basis to ensure a smooth customer journey
● You will follow up group bookings, maintain regular contact
● You will assist in the day-to-day management of in-house guest list and table bookings
● You will constantly monitor/review marketing of the club including mailouts, website listings, ticket links, etc.
● You will assist the Club Manger operationally and oversee the running of the club in his absence
Here’s what you need to have:
● Experience in a similar role, with sound knowledge of both the Club and Club-Promotions industries.
● A proven track record of managing and developing a team
● Experience working effectively in a team environment - both in the office, and with the floor teams operationally
● A proven track record of delivering innovative ideas to help build a strong database; developing relationships with local businesses, third parties, promoters and club-goers, etc.
● A proven track record of devising and executing exciting and successful club events
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
● Commercial awareness in order to continuously drive the business forward
● Good administration and computer skills
● Excellent financial awareness and a sound ability to manage costs and forecast, and plan budgets accurately
● You will be an effective communicator with guests/clients and at all levels of the business...
Behaviours / Skills
● Confident and venturesome
● Creative and enthusiastic
● Pro-actively connects quickly to others, working in a collaborative way
● Ability to cope with change in a fast paced environment
● Working at a faster than average pace, within deadlines and schedules
● Being at ease with making new contacts and self-assured in a group situation
● Persuades and motivates others, working with and through them to achieve goals
● Warm with customers, understanding their needs
And of course – not be afraid of some late nights and weekends...
● Promote and maximise sales for all club business
● Manage seasonal programming for all club nights
● Develop club nights to maintain a competitive and leading edge
● Host club nights, maximising sales of VIP business
● Operational running of club nights
● Maximise revenue whilst controlling costs
● Manage guest lists, memberships and contractors including security, DJ’s
● Ensure adherence to noise and licensing requirements
Here’s the deal:
● Fully Flexible as required by the business
● 5 day working week, including evenings and weekends
● Includes late night working (most club nights)
● Permanent contract
● Competitive salary offered
● 20 days holiday per year
● Birthday off and a birthday meal for 2 in Babylon Restaurant
● Virgin Tribe membership and discounts
● Travel card loans and cycle to work scheme
● The opportunity to work in one of London’s most prestigious venues
How to apply
Remember to read the job description carefully before sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisitions and Development Director
Based at VLE Head Office/ The Metro Building, London
Virgin Limited Edition is an award-winning collection of unique retreats, chosen for their beautiful locations and magnificent surroundings; each offers a sense of fun, style, luxury and exceptional personal service. The group includes Necker Island in the Caribbean’s British Virgin Islands, Ulusaba Private Game Reserve in South Africa, The Roof Gardens and Babylon Restaurant in London; Kasbah Tamadot in Morocco, The Lodge in Verbier, Necker Belle, a 105 foot luxury catamaran, Mahali Mzuri, a tented safari camp in Kenya and Mont Rochelle Hotel and Mountain Vineyard in South Africa.
This role is newly created to drive the continued expansion of the business through management contracts and recommendations to acquire identified properties in target territories and in line with current VLE positioning to the Virgin Group Property Company.
The role will report into the Managing Director of Virgin Hotels (operating as Virgin Limited Edition)and will work closely with the Executive team (responsible for Finance, Sales & marketing, Ops, People, Property)
For more information check out www.virginlimitededition.com
• Bachelor’s degree an advantage, preferably in Finance, Real Estate, Business or Hospitality; MBA is a plus, but not required
• Minimum five years of experience in real estate, negotiating management contracts or hotel acquisitions and development; Investment Banking, Private Equity or property management experience preferred
• Deep market knowledge and experience conducting and presenting feasibility studies
• Experience negotiating real estate transactions, including operating terms, capital structures, promoted interests, and joint venture documents
• Exceptionally strong Excel-based financial modelling skills as well as proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
• Demonstrated track record with external client relationships
• Excellent presentation as well as verbal and written communication skills
• A self-starting approach and long term focus on developing a career in real estate investing within a fast growing and entrepreneurial company
• Dynamic and ambitious for the company
• Strong communication skills
• Strong negotiating skills
• Well organized/ plans ahead
• Proactive/ problem solving approach
• Strong team player
• Ability to influence and persuade
• Able to buy into Virgin brand values (Competitively Challenging, Value for Money, Fun, Brilliant
• Customer Service, Good Quality, Innovation) and the profile of VLE properties and operational standards
• Plans and organises effectively
• Committed to excellence
• Strong attention to detail
• Flexible/ open manner and willing to learn & develop
• Proactive and works under own initiative but also team orientated
• Makes decisions, takes appropriate action, meets deadlines
• Works well under pressure – whilst still smiling!
• Sense of humour is essential
Here’s what you’d do:
• Supporting the underwriting, due diligence, and execution of hotel acquisitions and development opportunities and presenting findings to Managing Director, the Virgin Hotels Group Board and ultimately the Virgin Group Properties Company
• Conducting detailed market and feasibility analyses for new markets, portfolios, and individual acquisition opportunities
• Developing and maintaining financial models for existing and prospective investments
• Negotiating business term sheets and contracts for management and investment opportunities
• Sourcing off-market investment opportunities
• Coordinating real estate transaction structures, including multi-tiered promote structures, mezzanine financing, incentive management fees, and joint ventures
• Compiling operating data and research on industry trends, and preparing presentations for monthly acquisitions meetings and quarterly presentations to the Virgin Hotels Group and Board of Directors
• Working closely with other division leaders (Operations, Legal, Finance, People, Sales & Marketing) to transition new hotels and develop relationships with key institutional partners
• Helping to carry on creating an utterly amazing collection of hospitality properties – run by amazing people
OPPORTUNITIES AT THE ROOF GARDENS
The Roof Gardens in Kensington has long been one of London’s most spectacular and extraordinary landmarks. Originally designed as an escape from London rather than a pedestal above it, The Roof Gardens comprises of three themed gardens spanning across 1.5 acres, a private members Club and Babylon Restaurant all 100ft above Kensington.
We pride ourselves on not only our unique and stunning venue with excellent food and beverages, but on our professional, friendly and efficient staff, who all contribute to making The Roof Gardens a venue to be proud of.
We currently have a range of opportunities available:
Bartenders and waiters to work across our events
A cleaner to work in various areas of The Roof Gardens
Cocktail waitresses to host in The Private Members Club
To find out more about the positions available at The Roof Gardens please click here
How It Works
Our properties are located all over the globe and our recruiting policy is to recruit as locally as possible and give back to our communities by offering training and employment. Additionally, most countries we operate in have work permit restrictions which mean that permits can only be obtained when there is no suitable local candidate for the role.
Once you've sent your covering letter and CV successfully, you'll receive an email confirmation. Whilst for some of you the journey will stop here, if you’ve caught our attention our team will contact you regarding the next steps.