Trade & Press Hub
Weddings & Events
British Virgin Islands
Why work for Virgin Limited Edition?
Our people work hard but never forget to have fun while they are doing it! We believe in treating our people with respect, looking after them and allowing them the freedom to be themselves and flourish.
You’re in luck! We’re currently recruiting for a number of positions.
Remember to read the job description carefully before sending your CV to email@example.com unless otherwise specified.
Virgin Limited Edition - BVI People and Development Director
Necker Island, Sir Richard Branson’s private island and home, is located in the Caribbean in the beautiful and unspoiled British Virgin Islands. Surrounded by turquoise waters, coral reefs and fringed by white sandy beaches; this is barefoot luxury in a setting that’s just about as exclusive as it gets!
The island is normally hired exclusively on an all-inclusive basis. It can also be shared with others during Celebration Weeks; these are held several times each year and allow guests to book individual rooms as opposed to hiring the entire island. Guests are encouraged to view the island as their home. The island provides extensive water sports activities as well as tennis courts with resident coach, gym and spa.
At the heart of the island is the Great House, a spacious al fresco style Balinese villa that boasts panoramic views of the Caribbean, the Atlantic and neighbouring islands. There’s nowhere better for socialising and the house hosts everything from intimate family dinners to unforgettable parties. Necker Island will welcome back its first guests to a newly restored Great House as early as October 2018, with further accommodation to reopen in 2019.
Just a short boat ride from Necker Island is Moskito Island, a private Island made up of nine exclusive three-acre lots. The Branson Estate on Moskito Island features three villas: Headland House, Mangrove Villa and Beach Villa. Headland House is solely residential and not available for rental however Mangrove Villa and Beach Villa may be booked as additional accommodation alongside Necker Island for Virgin Limited Edition guests.
The island has facilities and communal areas – a welcome area, tennis courts and a gym, a clubhouse with food and beverage service areas, pool as well as extensive communal grounds and gardens.
Necker Belle, based in the BVI, is a magnificent 32 metre catamaran sailing tailor-made itineraries year round. With spacious common areas and beautifully appointed cabins, Necker Belle is perfectly designed for fun and relaxation for up to 12 guests.
This role reports into the Regional General Manager with a dotted line reporting to the UK based People and Development Director and is designed to support the BVI teams on both Necker and Moskito Island, in all aspects of people management. It is senior position and forms part of the Exec Team.
The role will work closely with the BVI Special Projects Director, the senior teams on both islands, the Necker Belle Captain, as well as liaising with the London based Finance and People teams.
Managing a team of 6, this role is an interesting mix of both strategic planning for the islands moving forward as well as needing a very practical and hands on approach to ensure the successful re-opening of Necker Island and the ‘launch’ of Moskito Island.
Work will include overseeing the People section of the Critical Path, pre-opening planning, leading the recruitment drive, designing & delivering a full opening training plan, as well as managing the daily running of the People function across both islands.
This role would lead the BVI People Team through the pre-opening and opening phases of both Necker and Moskito islands, delivering high level support & guidance to the operational teams and ensuring best practice is adhered to at all times.
Management of the People section of the Critical Path, ensuring timely completion of all tasks
Lead the recruitment strategy & hiring schedule in line with the opening Critical Path People plan, as well as managing & supporting the day to day operational hiring requirements.
Define and develop the Learning and Development strategy, including the timeline required for both island openings
Ensuring that the VLE People standards are adhered to
Provide a full HR service throughout the employee lifecycle, ensuring team engagement
Coaching & development of Managers people management skills
Support the People & Welfare Manager with the management of staff accommodation and all associated welfare
Work closely with the BVI Finance Director on manpower planning, wage control and budgeting
To ensure that all aspects of People administration are up to date and run effectively
If this role sounds like a good match for your skills and experience, we’d love to hear from you so please email your CV to Lizzie.Bullen@virginlimitededition.com
Personal Assistant to Group Sales & Marketing Director/ Sales & Marketing Team Administrator
Virgin Limited Edition is an award-winning collection of unique retreats, chosen for their beautiful locations and magnificent surroundings. Each offers a sense of fun, style, luxury and exceptional personal service.
We are looking for a Personal Assistant to provide direct operational and administrative support to the Group Director of Sales & Marketing and the wider Sales & Marketing team. The successful candidate must have significant experience in managing administrative duties for a senior executive while juggling multiple tasks. We are looking for someone with strong teamwork skills who can demonstrate the highest discretion, confidentiality and build relationships with team members at all levels. This role is based in Hammersmith, London where our central teams are located.
To be considered for this role, you must have the right to work in the UK.
• Previous PA/ EA experience is essential.
• Experience working in the hospitality industry an advantage.
• Experience of diary management and detailed itineraries for overseas travel arrangements.
• Microsoft Office Skills including Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook (Typing speed – 50/55wpm)
• Experience of Protel an advantage.
• Good communication and organisational skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Attention to detail.
• Highly confidential.
• Team orientated.
• Flexible manner and willingness to assist.
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service with an ability to develop relationships across all areas of the business.
• To provide full administrative support to Sales & Marketing Director, handling correspondence, co-ordinating diary, organising travel arrangements, arranging meetings and conference calls.
• Organising travel arrangements as required for the Sales & Marketing team.
• To liaise with clients, properties and regional PR & sales offices in absence of S&M Director.
• To maintain personnel records for Virgin Limited Edition Sales / Marketing and Reservations teams including overseas offices and consultancy companies.
• To maintain departmental records weekly movements, holiday entitlements, expenses.
• Assisting with preparation of miscellaneous reports and presentations including collation of monthly PR/Sales & Marketing reports and preparation of Exec papers.
• Responsible for all stationery requirements, S&M and Res teams.
• Ensure ongoing supply of sales kits and all collateral.
• Office management including liaison with cleaning company, landlord, recycling company, etc.
• General Office Administration - Meeting rooms, Meeting and greeting, Answering and dealing with phone calls.
• Competitive Salary
• Performance based bonus, with criteria, of up to 10% of gross salary
• Hours as required
• 20 days annual holidays + Bank Holidays.
• Additional day off for birthday
• Tribe Discount Scheme
Season ticket loan
From the first day of your employment with us you will be eligible to join our group personal pension scheme. We will match your pension contributions up to 5%
We will contribute 50% towards private healthcare after 12 months service & then 100% after 2 years’ service
If this sounds like a match for your skills and experience, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we will only be in touch if you are successful.
How It Works
Our properties are located all over the globe and our recruiting policy is to recruit as locally as possible and give back to our communities by offering training and employment. Additionally, most countries we operate in have work permit restrictions which mean that permits can only be obtained when there is no suitable local candidate for the role.
Once you've sent your covering letter and CV successfully, you'll receive an email confirmation. Whilst for some of you the journey will stop here, if you’ve caught our attention our team will contact you regarding the next steps.
Send Us Your CV