As The Lodge looks forward to its tenth winter season we reveal 10 little known facts about this private mountain retreat:
- The Lodge was refurbished using timber and oak that was reclaimed from local sources. The property was designed to offer guests a relaxing and hassle free skiing experience. From being able to ‘ski in’ at the end of the day to a boot room with heated boot warmers, and a 24 hour driver service within Verbier.
- There’s a secret doorway that connects the two Master suites. You’d never know as it’s hidden in a bookcase!
- It’s not just for grownups, and a specially created bunk room complete with plasma screen TV, DVD player, games console and bean bags is ready to welcome younger guests. Children can look forward to a week of sledging, snowman building competitions, time on the mountain with ski instructors and skating parties on The Lodge’s very own mini ice rink!
- There’s an elevator to whisk guests through the five floors of the 1,200m2 chalet; offering the perfect antidote for tired legs after a day on the slopes.
- The Lodge is in an unrivalled location. As famous for its outstanding ski areas, which encompasses 400 km of ski terrain and a variety of slopes on and off piste, as for its après-ski and exciting nightlife just a five minute walk away. The team can recommend and book restaurants and even arrange access to exclusive night spots.
- A dedicated team of 15 are there to ensure a stay at The Lodge lives up to and even exceeds expectations. In addition, a team of skilled and professional ski instructors are on hand to provide a memorable week in the mountains, from heli-skiing to video analysis of performance.
- It’s personal and guests are invited to make themselves at home from the moment they arrive. The team will get to know sizes and requirements ahead of arrival and arrange for all ski gear to be delivered and fitted in the comfort of The Lodge as well as returned at the end of the week. So forget busy queues in ski shops!
- Size does matter, particularly when it comes to chocolate, and guests can look forward to a full size Toblerone bar on their pillow at turn down.
- The Lodge has its own spa room with a resident beauty therapist to offer relaxation and soothing treatments. It also has not one, but two Jacuzzis, a steam room and 9m heated indoor pool.
- The food is one of the highlights of a stay. The resident chefs are particularly passionate about using local and seasonal ingredients; from wine to cheese and meat, all will have a connection to the local area. Pay particular attention to the jam which is made using harvested apricots in the summer months. For more on sustainable initiatives we have a video which can be viewed here.
The Lodge can accommodate up to 18 adults in 9 bedrooms and up to 6 children and young adults in the bunkroom. Rates during the winter season start from CHF 86,625 and are quoted for seven nights’ exclusive hire. Rates include breakfast and afternoon tea, as well as dinner on all but one night during the week.
For further information or images, please contact:
Charlotte Dollin email@example.com
Tel: +44 (0)20 8600 0468
Kerry Maher firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +44 (0)20 8600 0472
Notes to Editors:
The nearest international airport is in Geneva, which is about a two hour drive to The Lodge. Private planes are able to land at Sion Airport which is only 45 minutes by car from The Lodge. Zurich airport is about a 3 hour drive to The Lodge. We can also arrange helicopter transfers on request from Geneva, Zurich and Sion Airports.
• Accommodation at The Lodge as detailed
• Breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner. A light lunch is served at The Lodge for those guests not eating on the mountain. Please note these rates exclude one evening meal out where guests can sample the gourmet delights of Verbier
• All drinks as well as alcoholic drinks and house champagne
• 24-hour driver service within Verbier
• All local taxes
• A dedicated team of 15 staff
Virgin Limited Edition is an award-winning collection of unique retreats, chosen for their beautiful locations and magnificent surroundings; each offers a sense of fun, style, luxury and exceptional personal service. The group includes Necker Island in the Caribbean’s British Virgin Islands, Ulusaba Private Game Reserve in South Africa, The Roof Gardens and Babylon Restaurant in London, Kasbah Tamadot in Morocco, The Lodge in Verbier, Necker Belle, a 105 foot luxury catamaran, Mahali Mzuri, a tented safari camp in Kenya, Mont Rochelle Hotel and Mountain Vineyard in South Africa, and the Son Bunyola Estate in Mallorca.