We're heading over to Mahali Mzuri for this week's Foodie Friday delights. Head Chef Edison has shared one of his favourite fish dishes, grilled marked tilapia with lemon rice.
Make sure you share a photo of your creation! #mahalimzuri #foodiefriday
Grilled Marked Tilapia with Lemon Rice
180gms tilapia fillet
A pinch salt/pepper
25ml olive oil
1/4 tsp minced parsley
2 drops fish sauce
1/2 tsp lemon juice
White all-purpose flour
1/2 cup basmati rice
1 cup vegetable stock
- Marinate the fish for 15 minutes with the olive oil, parsley, fish sauce, lemon sauce and salt and pepper and put to the side.
- Meanwhile bring the vegetable stock to the boil and add a 1/4 tea spoon olive oil. Season and add the rice. Cook on medium heat for 1o minutes and squeeze in half a lemon. Reduce the heat and continue cooking untill the rice is soft and fluffy.
- Dust the fish with the salt, pepper and flour. Take a metal skewer and make it readlly hot on the hop. Once really hot, take the skewer and draw diamond markings on the fish fillet, just like those you can see in the picture.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the fish is throughly cooked.
- Present with seasonal sauté vegetables, a lemon wedge and fresh dill