Where we are
Marrakech is served by direct flights from the UK and other major European hubs. From Marrakech airport the drive to Kasbah Tamadot takes about 45 minutes through the spectacular rolling hills as you approach the Atlas Mountains. Click here for driving directions from Marrakech airport and click here for directions from Marrakech city centre. Our address is BP 67, 42152 Asni, Marrakech. We're happy to arrange road transfers as well, just ask.
Click here for driving directions
Driving in Morocco can be a bit of a daunting experience, but don’t be put off by the first leg of your journey, as it’s a lot less hectic just outside the city centre. A few tips:
• Drive on the right hand side of the road
• The speed limit in built up areas is 60kph and it is 100kph outside the city. There are a lot of speed cameras around the 60kph areas so do be careful. It can also be deceiving because the dual highways leading out of the city have a limit of 60kph, whilst the single lane roads feeding them are 100kph.
• If possible avoid driving at night. If you do have to drive at night watch out for unlit bikes and motor bikes and be careful as the roads do not have markings like at home.
• When a traffic light starts flashing green, it is the equivalent of an amber light at home and you should stop.
These directions start from Mohammed 5th in central Marrakech with the Koutoubia on your right.
• Continue straight down Mohammed 5th, leaving the Koutoubia on your right. After 100 meters turn right, following the edge of the Koutoubia garden.
• You will pass through a set of traffic lights and then need to continue for another 1 KM until you arrive at a second set of traffic lights (the road does a dog leg right, leaving the entrance Mamounia on your left).
• These lights are on the edge of the city wall and lead straight onto a roundabout (with a big fountain in the middle of it), turn left on the roundabout.
• After 1 km turn right onto the dual highway, following the signs to Tahnaout and Amizmiz.
• After 4.7 kms you will see a gas station station on your right immediately followed by a roundabout. At the roundabout take the 2nd exit, signpost to Taroudant, Moulay Brahim and Tahnaout.
• Continue up this road 42 kms to Asni. The road is very straight until Tahnaout and then starts winding up into the mountains.
• When you reach Asni, drive through the centre of Asni village. When you come out the other side, there is a main left hand turn with signposts to Imlil. Take this turn.
• Kasbah Tamadot is 4.5 kms along this road on the left hand side. Park outside of the main entrance just next to road and relax - we will take care of everything else.