The team on Necker Island are constantly looking for new ways to promote sustainable initiatives across the island. So , to support National Vegetarian Week (15th-19th May), the chefs on Necker provided a week long veggie feast for staff lunches, including a special vegan meal on 17th May.
Despite no meat or fish being on the menu, this didn’t stop our creative chefs coming up with a selection of delicious dishes. Here’s what they got cooking to really get your taste buds tingling!
- Black bean & chickpea stuffed red peppers baked with mozzarella
- Pan roasted veggie Burgers in sesame seed bun
- Creamy baked Mac N Cheese
- Rice N Beans with garden peas & spring onion
- Roasted sweet potato wedges with rosemary and garlic
- Crunchy green salad with cucumber & tomato
- Fresh fruit salad
Which would you have picked from their special menu?
The feedback from staff was so positive that the team have decided to introduce ‘Meat-Free Mondays’. From now on, all staff lunches on Necker will be completely meat-free every Monday.
A huge ‘thank you’ to Head Chef Chris Kenny and his team for jumping into this initiative feet first and really embracing this new challenge with the typical Necker-enthusiasm we have come to expect. Congratulations to the team for taking this extra step towards sustainability!